New Poll of 3839 People in Disability Community Shows:
January 10th 2014
- 3 out of 4 people with disabilities surveyed value a job and independence over government benefits (no partisan split)
- Disability community sites employer perceptions that they will be “less successful than someone without a disability” as primary barrier to jobs
- Disability community names top ways to impact work environment as change in employer attitudes, employer training, and change in structure of benefits system
- Younger PwDs (Post IDEA/ADA Generations) More Interested in Self-advocacy
- Less than half of PwDs looking for work have access to quality training programs, career counseling, and professional resources (e.g., job coach) needed to help with a job search.